Friday, July 2, 2010

Garden of the Gods and Pikes Peak

Today was very exciting. I got to go to a gorgeous place in the middle of Colorado Springs: the Garden of the Gods. It consists of some fantastic, uplifted sedimentary rocks that basically stick up out of the ground. Many people go there to rock climb, walk, ride bikes, or just drive through the park. Pretty cool place! I love hanging upside down checkin' out the rocks!


I also traveled up the Manitou and Pikes Peak Cog Railway through the Pike's Forest to the Summit! The ride was pretty intense. A 25% grade for most of the way. We saw chipmunks (my family!) and marmots. Looks a bit like a cross between a raccoon and a beaver. Or maybe an over-sized squirrel. They live up near the Summit. I used to live up in the clouds, but now that the Bowies have adopted me, I'm enjoying going to some lower altitude places!


No comments:

Post a Comment